- Stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptons started. This action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
- Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- Stay at least 2 meters ( about 3 steps ) away from the other people in your home whenever possible.
- Sleep alone, if that is possible.
- Wash your hands regularly form 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
- Remain at home until 7 days after the onset of the symptoms. After 7 days , if you feel better and no longer have a fever, you can return to your normal routine.
- If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days use NHS 111 online or call NHS 111 ;for a medical emergency dial 999.
- A cough may persistt for several weeks in some people, despite the coronavirus infection having clearred. A persistent cough along does not mean poeple must continue to self isolate for more than 7 days.